Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Better late than never....


So I know, I know, it's been forever..... but at least I'm trying haha

Anyyywaayyss, life is so great right now. I am finishing up my last semester of generals in school and then it will all just be program classes and maybe some fun classes mixed in, like bowling (i need practice). So it was just General Conference weekend which, when I was younger, used to be my least favorite weekend because it meant that if I wanted to do anything fun on that Saturday then I wouldn't have a ride during most of the prime hours I would need one but also my favorite because on Sunday my family would have a big delicious breakfast and just relax and listen together as a family and it usually included everyone watching whoever the baby was at the time and laughing at whatever they were doing. Now, since I'm all mature and everything, General Conference weekend is my all around favorite weekend. This year was no different. I had 3 papers/assignments due on the Monday after conference, which I don't understand since it's BYU, but I tried really hard to get all of those done before Friday night(football game) so I didn't have to worry about it. I tried extra hard all week to get myself prepared for conference and it really made such a difference. I feel like I got so much more out of everything. On Saturday I had to wake up early since I had tickets to go to the Saturday morning session... sooo, Derek came to pick me up at 7:15 (he was right on time :)) and then we went to pick up Sarah's new "friend" Michael because it made more sense to pick him up before Sarah who we went to get next. We then made the drive to SLC and were finally in our seats for conference. See LOOK!


There is one of me and Derek too but he doesn't like it so I won't post it because I'm nice like that haha. So, we watched conference and it was so awesome! After the first session, Michael went home or something and me, Derek and Sarah met up with Stephie, Brad, Jackson, Alex, and Sarah Jayne for some lunch and then sat on the grass on Temple Square to listen to the 2nd session. Then Sunday was great too!

I should also mention that me and Derek got to go to the best basketball game I've ever been too, it was the Jimmer's All Stars game and it was basically a bunch of the top NBA draftees just playing an exhibition game against each other. It was so fun to watch! After we met up with Aimee and Colby and got a picture!

(I stole this picture from Aimee)
So I know this is waaaayyy out of order but BYU football played UCF a week and a half ago and I thought that was pretty cool being that UCF is in my HT! haha It was such a close and fun game to watch! I love sitting with my girlsssss because we go crazy :)


I love these girls sooo much! (I stole this picture from Michelle) Also, funny story about this picture... So my friend at work says to me that he saw a picture of me and my sister on facebook and we look exactly alike... so I asked which picture he was talking about and he said this one.... I then told him that these aren't my sisters (biologically) and he said that he thought that me and Aimee looked a lot like each other.... which is funny since last year our bishop would get us confused or people would ask us if we were sisters and I don't think we look that much alike for people to mistake us for sisters... i mean it's one thing to believe us if we tell you that but to actually ask us if we are or think we are is different haha ohhh well, I guess we look like sisters, and me and michelle look like bosom buddies (which we are).

I guess the last thing I will write today is that I didn't know my heart could feel so happy all the time and even though I'm with someone a lot, I can miss them for the short amounts of time we aren't together. :)

4 comments:

luvnmy10 said...

I like your post, Mandy. I am happy you are happy. I also love all the pictures! Post more often for me, pleeeease.

Stephie said...

looove this post! lots of good stuff, and conference this session was soo good!!! brad and i finally got all caught up listening to all of them, and just were so needing that extra boost. :) keep posting!

Jenn said...

I just found this blog and was wondering if you would like an additional blog stalker (I also found Stephie's and am now also her stalker). So what I now need to know is how many other blogs from your family I need to stalk?? you guys have been holding out on me! (p.s. you and your sisters are so gorgeous.) :)

Aimee said...

We totally look like sisters...duh. Haha that's too funny.

Post a Comment