Friday, February 3, 2012

Technicalities

So... as much fun as the fun stuff is of wedding planning, the technicalities have been somewhat stressing me out. These technicalities being:

1. selling my contract

and

2. finding a place for us to live that is a good deal and livable

It is so stressful trying to sell my contract for my spring/summer portion but that's a whole different story. They finding a place to live is stressful because I don't want to wait until the last minute and all posts now are for apartments that are available now and the more married people I talk to the more I hear that they got their apartment a week or two weeks before the wedding! Anyone who knows me well enough knows that waiting that long and having that unsurety would make me crazy.... and sick probably too. Annyyywayss, I was looking on ksl the other day at apartments for rent while Derek was doing practice MCAT problems and having me time him (so I couldn't say anything to him to make him go slower). So, I was just minding my own business looking at apartments for rent, like I do every day multiple times a day to see if there was anything new that was not available now and was inexpensive. I came across one that was a good price, available April 23rd (which is perfect for us because Derek has to live there while I am in Florida before the wedding) and came fully furnished which would be super nice for us since we don't want to have to sell all of our furniture and then rebuy more wherever he goes to med school. It seemed too good to be true (it was small but it looked cute and we don't need big or fancy). Of course I wanted to tell him about it right away but I looked at my phone and Derek still have 8 minutes of time left. I felt like I just couldn't wait to tell him so I tried to busy myself doing other things until his time was up for that set of practice problems. I told him about the apartment and showed him some pictures and we decided that we wanted to go look at it so I went to put in the phone number listed in my phone to call him when I realized that the phone number was only 9 digits and it was missing the last one. Sooooo.... I did what any desperate person would do and started with one as the last number and then started just going through the numbers. Luckily his number ended in 3 so I only had two awkward phone conversations hahaha....

This was on Wednesday.... we set up a time to go and see the apartment today and we both just love it. It would just be perfect for us. The problem is, the guy living there now said that he had like 4 or 5 other people look at it too who really liked it and so he is sending the landlord all of our information and giving us all good recommendations and then the landlord will send us applications and then contact our employers/parents/other references i guess to help decide who he will sign on. Neither me nor Derek have ever not gotten a job that we interviewed for and so I'm hoping this is no different. We both talked about it and decided that if we get it then that is awesome but if not then we will just keep looking and somewhere will pop up. Secretly (and not so secretly anymore), I really want that apartment. But I get attached to things super easily and if we don't get it then I'm sure I'll eventually find a new apartment to obsess over. For now though, keep you fingers crossed and pray for us! Oh and if you get a call about it, then make us sound even more awesome and responsible and clean than we really are! haha

1 comment:

luvnmy10 said...

I will tell them the truth-they would be silly not to rent to two of the nicest tidiest cutest wonderfullest people I know! And that IS the truth!

Post a Comment