Thursday, March 11, 2010

Comfort Food

After being away from home for about eight months now I've realized the things that remind me of home. I realized most of these reminders in times of stress... like tonight. So, I just finished one paper analyzing an article for english and then yesterday and today I worked all day on another paper for child development which was analyzing what a socially competent adolescent should look like and then looking at the role of the family in it all, needless to say, my head hurts and i think i was going crazy. I then decided that I would make banana nut pancakes, which i actually haven't made in the eight months I've been out here yet (I mostly just make chocolate chip or plain). Just to tell you how insane I was going, as I was slicing the bananas i was thinking I should just slice the tips of my fingers off so I don't have to type anymore. Obviously i didn't do it, but I was thinking it. Anyways, as I was making them I realized that it was my comfort food, pancakes in general are my comfort food. It's not even that I ate then that much at home, it just for some reason makes me happy. I also realized during finals week last semester that country music is another one of my comfort foods. I know it's crazy but country music just reminds me of home and makes me happy. Anyways, for now these two things are my comfort foods, pancakes and country music. I guess I can't help it though ha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment