Monday, March 29, 2010

Fairytales.

I've been thinking a lot lately of love and fairytales and I'd just like to say that I believe in love and fairytale endings. I feel like the world today is getting so cynical and looks more at love as something for a time and not something that lasts forever. This is seen all over: in movies, in celebrities, and even in our friends who we come in contact with everyday. It frustrates me when I hear people talking about how love is finite, and can't be infinite. I agree that hearts will break and that's a part of life. Yeah, it's not fun but it happens. I may still be young and some would call me naive but I really think that there is someone, maybe even more than one possibility out there who I will fall in love with and he will fall in love with me and we will live happily ever after. Many would call this ignorant but I think that as long as both people are working towards the same goal then they can be truly happy together and stay in love with each other forever. It's upsetting that our society is becoming more and more set on the next best thing that sometimes people look at love like that. When you truly love someone, you don't think of anything as better than the person you love because they are the best, to you anyways. I heard some people talking about how many times they think they'll get married and many people look at this as the realistic approach but that's really sad. I just hope that when I fall in love and find that special someone who loves me back that I'll realize that this is the person who I always want to be with and we'll be able to live our fairytale. Life's as good as you make it, sometimes we'll have trials but it's all about how we deal with them that can bring people closer together or tear them apart. Attitude is an amazing thing.

2 comments:

luvnmy10 said...

I love that you believe in happily ever after. It will happen for you, if that is what you want. Those who don't want it don't think it is worth working toward. I am living happily ever after, and I love it! Good for you! Not naiive at all, just looking for eternal things. love you

amandadimmick said...

You and Dad are prime examples of a fairytale :) I mean you guys had me, so obviously everything worked out

Post a Comment